Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba A35-S159 power adapter problem!

• Please log in to reply

Paulina Hawkins

Paulina Hawkins

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok, I have a couple of questions

My battery is drained and when i plug the power adapter into the laptop, nothing happens. The computer doesn't recognize being plugged and the led lights remain off. Is it the power adapter or something else??

I tried buying a new power adapter, but everywhere I go (bestbuy, circuitcity, compusa, etc) they say they don't have a compatible tip for my model (and most don't even have the 90W adapter). I found a power adapter on ebay, which was supposed to be for an A35-S159, but the tip didn't look the same and it didn't work either. If the problem is indeed the adapter, where could I find a new one??

Thanks for your help! I'm desperate! I've been without my laptop for 2 weeks now...

Edited by Paulina Hawkins, 30 January 2006 - 01:14 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Most power adapters in laptops have problems after a few years. I had a toshiba that would only charge if i pushed the connector to one side when it was plugged in. Ive had quite a few laptops given to me with these sort of problems. It may just be a completely dead battery also. I never buy used batterys. You might do a search at pricewatch.com to find the best deal on a new battery.

SRX660

Paulina Hawkins

Paulina Hawkins

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My laptop is only 2 years old, and i'm sure it's not the battery. What else could it be if it's not the adapter?

rivekm

rivekm

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
hi paulina, radio shack may have an adapter...that is about the only place I have had success however, they are pretty limited. You will probably find you have to get it from toshiba.

cj2600

cj2600

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

ok, I have a couple of questions
My battery is drained and when i plug the power adapter into the laptop, nothing happens. The computer doesn't recognize being plugged and the led lights remain off. Is it the power adapter or something else??
I tried buying a new power adapter, but everywhere I go (bestbuy, circuitcity, compusa, etc) they say they don't have a compatible tip for my model (and most don't even have the 90W adapter). I found a power adapter on ebay, which was supposed to be for an A35-S159, but the tip didn't look the same and it didn't work either. If the problem is indeed the adapter, where could I find a new one??
Thanks for your help! I'm desperate! I've been without my laptop for 2 weeks now...

Hi Paulina,
The Toshiba part number for your AC adapter is: PA3165U-1ACA It is 19V~4.74A AC adapter.
You can find a new one on eBay, just search for PA3165U-1ACA or AC adapter Toshiba A35.
EBay has a lot of new adapter for your laptop, the price is ~$40-$50.
BTW, I wouldn't buy AC adapter in Radio Shack.

P.S. It's possible that you have a problem with the system board. It's hard to say without looking at it.

Edited by cj2600, 31 January 2006 - 12:03 AM.