Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with IE

• Please log in to reply

IDDtech

IDDtech

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz: Hi, I keep having problems with my IE. It says it can not find the server. and I get Launch modem errors. What can I do. I can sign on to AOL just fine and My Bellsouth DSL help says I am online, but when I try to open the explorer, I get Launch modem issues....What can I do....HELP.

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Hi IDDtech, Welcome to Geeks to Go!!!

ok i assume you are using aol as your isp, and becuase of that you are connecting through a proxy server. a proxy server is a kind of angent for you on the internet, any time you connect to the internet you go through him, and all interactions with other servers go through the proxy. you will need to contact AOL, to help you with this, as i do not know which proxy you are connecting through or how to help you with that. please contact aol Support and they should be able to fix you up.

before doing that i whould just like to try one basic fix :)

ok click tools>internet options>conncetions>settings>LAN Settings>then check automaticly detect settings---this is as far as i can get you without knowing which proxy you are connecting through, which you need to find out from aol. :tazz: . i am sorry about that, but the fix above may work.

also, i have herd that Mozilla work quite well with aol proxys :) :)

IDDtech

IDDtech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well, I think My proxy is Bellsouth, this is who my DSL is with. So I do not think AOL can help me. I thank you for the suggestion, I have already tried the tools and LAN settings thing about a million times. :tazz:

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
ok... then you need to find out more about your proxy from bellsouth, i cant help you without knowing which proxy it is, once you get that info from bellsouth enter that into the screen that was achieved from the above instructions.

IDDtech

IDDtech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
My Proxy is with Bellsouth, with address is 192.168.2.2, there is also a defauly gateway that says 192.168.2.1 available.... .I am not so computer savvy so this is what I think you needed...let me know if I am wrong. :tazz: :) :)

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
ok cool,
tools>internet options>conncetions>settings>LAN Settings

enter in the info there

IDDtech

IDDtech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok...this didn't work.......thanks for the suggestion. I think I am gonna call bellsouth.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

I think I am gonna call bellsouth.

sounds like a plan :tazz: