Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not sure what I call this.

• Please log in to reply

Smilenmike

Smilenmike

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi yesterday, I was doing the weekly update and scan check with my Anti Virus, and all of a sudden, my computer starts going slow. The computer would make that loading noise, and it starts going really fast with the noise. It would make 3 noise sounds, and then go really fast. It repeats itself for around 5 minutes. It happens every now and then.

I turned off my computer, turned back on and it says something like "Can not login to your profile due to curruped file of some security or something like that.

I then notice that when I logged in to an account, I was missing every files which scared me. Then when I checked Documents and Settings, I went into my other user account and still had everything. I went into the original user account that I go to.

I checked the Control Panel, and saw that the user account wasn't available there at all. But I see the user accounts in the Documents and Settings.

So now, I was able to get all my files in a new account, but it still makes that loading sound really fast. I can't do a lot of things because of the noise. It makes this computer real slow when it does it.

For some more understanding, try to get at me on my AIM (Aol Instant Messanger). It's Smilenmike28.

Advertisements

Smilenmike

Smilenmike

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
http://h20141.www2.h...hCriteria=A642N

I'm thinking about ordering a Recover Kit or something, but I don't know what my Model Number would be. It would be either PE544A, PE544AR.

Does anyone know how I can find out what one it would be?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.

ps--your model number should be on a metalic plate on the back or bottom

Smilenmike

Smilenmike

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Did you want me to copy and paste the errors that happened during the time?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
just the top part

Smilenmike

Smilenmike

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
SYSTEM

I got a lot of these errors.

The Device, \Device\Harddisk0\D, had a bad block

Got some of these

The mrtRate service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannont find the file specified

APPLICATION

Got one of this error.

Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.

DETAIL - Error performing inpage operation. for C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\ntuser.dat

This is what happened when I tried turning on back my computer since it went all crazy. Still happens though. It said this when I was on the welcome screen.

Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - Error performing inpage operation

After is said that, it said this.

Windows has backed up this user's profile. Windows will automatically try to use the backed up profile the next time this user logs on.

Then this.

Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.

Smilenmike

Smilenmike

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Is that how you wanted me to show you?

Smilenmike

Smilenmike

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Would buying a Recover Kit cd work for this?