Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dvd Burning

• Please log in to reply

dx8o

dx8o

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
How would you be able to download a video online then put it on a dvd disk so you can view it on a dvd player... :tazz:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It would be in most cases illegal and we cnt help with things that are illegal.

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

It would be in most cases illegal and we cnt help with things that are illegal.

But what if the video in question *is* legal? Sure, the illegal ones are there, but I'd say about 90% are legal.

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Dx8o, where are you getting this video from?

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Dx8o, where are you getting this video from?

^^ The right question to ask. :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
In most cases it would still be illegal as most videos offered online are for viewing on one computer only its illegal to reproduce them, admin is pretty strict on the issue. And of course 99% it is illegal things a member asks to do as if it wasnt the place that you get it from would tell you. But i may be wrong well have to wait and see.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Warriorscot is correct for the most part. If you're wanting to download a video via a file sharing program/etc, then we cannot help you here. :tazz: There are a few instances where it *is* perfectly legal to download such things...and that is why we ask where/how you're getting the videos. If it is via legit means, please DO let us know, and we'll be happy to assist you.

Moving this thread to the Video forum, where it better fits. :)

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
Can we even answer this question if it is legit? because then others may use the same method on illegal videos...

dx8o

dx8o

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Well I've found out how to burn them now. I was told "To author your DVD is absolutely legal."
This forum was not worth it if every one just says its illegal, but thanks i guess... :tazz:

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
We never said that it was illegal in your case, just that in many cases it is illegal. A lot of people ask about how they can burn movies that they have downloaded from P2P programs such as KaZaA and Limewire, in which case it is illegal. That is how your first post sounded like. In your last post, it sounds like it is a video that you have created and own the rights to, in which case it would be legal.