Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Problems

• Please log in to reply

overloadednz

overloadednz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey there, just wondering if anyone has come across the problem below, or if anyone would know how to fix??

I've been away from my computer for about 2 months and let my flatmate use my computer. Two days before I got back it started to play up. When I started it today, I was greeted with an error message on startup of windows which said:

SAS Error: winlogon.exe

The instruction at "0x77f581bd" referenced memory at "0x0083800f". The memory could not be "written".

Can anyone please help me out??

Advertisements

yellowputty

yellowputty

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have this problem as well. I installed Panda Titanium 2005 and when it did a scan of my memory, it ended alot of vital processes and now wont load up. Help...Please...And also does anyone know hwo to access Safe mode in a K8N motherboard?

paddyt

paddyt

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi,

On any XP machine pressing F8 before the OS starts loading (just after the BIOS loads) should get you into safe mode (hit F8 a few times to make sure). I would recommend selecting last known cofiguration and see if that works, if not try safe mode and check for any new applications.

Paddy