Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD & CD Drives Stopped working

• Please log in to reply

guruwannabe

guruwannabe

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I hope someone can help me. Both my cd drive and my dvd drive quit working. Cant seem to remedy the problem. Someone suggested i try unplugging the drives and letting windows reinstall--didn't work. Also have a problem with px.dll doesn't work. Tryed getting that file from the internet and putting it back in place of the bad one and it didnt work. Not sure if problems are related. When i tried letting wondows reinstall the drives it gave me something like code 19 problem in the registry. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Advertisements

limeman

limeman

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
Any chance you are running WinAmp?

guruwannabe

guruwannabe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
not as far as i know, it is not something i have ever used

limeman

limeman

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
How are they not working? Does the door open? Are they showing up in the device manager with an exclamation point? Lastly, how are your IDE drives setup - Primary and Secondary for all devices?