Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting My PC to Start

• Please log in to reply

chrisd2684

chrisd2684

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

Heres whats happend - my brand new first PC has just completely lost it
I ahve had it runnng for a few hours last night and most of today. I turned it off and it just will not turn back on. At first i guessed i'd try clearing the CMOS so i have done that. Before i cleared the CMOS the led's on the Fans would flash once whenever the power switch was swithed on the psu. After clearing CMOS i get these afect only it happens when the power button is pressed. It will only flash once then the power will need to be turned of then on for the same affect on the power button.

I have a suspicion its something to do with the psu, but i have been wanting to upgrade !! - when i have the money

Any Help With the problem will be greatly appreciated

Here is my System Specs :

450 W PSU ( Came With Case)
ASUS A8n Premium - 939 - 1 Day Old
AMD X2 4400
2 GB of Corsair XMS Ram
Gigabyte 6600 GT

Many Thanks

Edited by chrisd2684, 29 January 2006 - 12:17 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
First replace the power supply. This sounds like the classic dead PS.

SRX660

chrisd2684

chrisd2684

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi thanks for advice after further investigation i have discovered the psu was faulty asking for a refund and i have just ordered an EZ cool 600W PSU. I was planning on going SLI eventually anyway, which would of required a larger PSU for system stabability.So for me its just a forced upgrade - thanks for your advice If i encounter any more porbs with new psu i'll know where to come

Many Thanks Chris