Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Networking Problem!

• Please log in to reply

kill_hXc

kill_hXc

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Hi,

I have recently changed my home network and all is working fine, however, upon trying to configure my laptop to my home workgroup I encountered a problem, I cannot log on to Windows!

Can anyone help? If you need more information regarding my problem please ask.

Cheers,

Tom Witcomb

Edited by kill_hXc, 29 January 2006 - 12:38 PM.

Advertisements

Terra-Medic

Terra-Medic

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hrm, odd.

I havent encounted that happening in XP even if the workgroups do not match. Are you getting any errors in particular?

If you have additional accounts on your system you could always try to log in under them.
Or reboot in safe mode without networking and attempt to log in to see if removing network access fixes the problem and poke around for an answer from there.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
please amplify

is this a workgroup or domain?

Are you logging on locally or to the domain

Can you log on with safemode with networking

What, if any, error message is occuring

Did you have any program loading at startup that accesses the network? I ran into a machine yesterday that did a quick file check for a network folder,,,because it could not find it (the workgroup had been changed) it sat their hanging waiting for the folder and would boot no farther