Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IDE Channel 1 no 80 Conductor Cable Installed

• Please log in to reply

Kate_marie

Kate_marie

• Pip
  • 3 posts
This morning I turned on my computer and it started up perfect. Then a the little light yellow message box came up on the bottom right of my screen and said that there are window updates ready. I clicked it to download and it told me that I can go on do the stuff that I need to do while it downloaded. (I thought that it was weird that it didn't want me to connect to the internet because when I need to update anything else it makes connect) After it was done it asked me to restart the computer so I did. I started up fine once again and after it was on for about 4 min. a blue screen popped up and said (sorry can't remember the exact words) something like it found a disk error and that i need to restart and it had steps to go through if this was not the first time that I had seen the screen and at the bottom it said that it dumped my physical memory. Before I could do anything it restarted on its own. As it restarted it stoped on the setup and after the slave drive line it said " "IDE Channel 1 no 80 Conductor Cable installed" and it just freezes right there and will not do anything.

PLEASE HELP!

THANK YOU!

Advertisements

Kate_marie

Kate_marie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
If anyone knows anything about this problem please reply