Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

pc to tv - not the typical black and white prob

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
sorry if this is in the wrong place but after spending days trawling the web I'm getting tired..reading the same old pointless posts with no real help...!

Can anyone help or direct me to somewhere that can help with my problem:

I have a laptop running xp pro....with an s-vid out and an ati 128MB X700...An s-video lead (new), and either scart or composite connections to the tv.

however - I have tried everything I can think of and most things other people could think of...and no matter what I cannot get my pc to connect to my tv...

Now I have had it working in the past...god only knows how but it was months ago....but now it just doesnt work (when I actually need to use it!)...and back then it was only in black and white..I pretty sure I can resolve this bit now....my problem at the moment is that I cant actually get any picture at all.

I have had an external monitor connected to me laptop recently and I dont know if this might have altered the settings...however...I'm not in the know enough to know what to change back if anything....

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help.......

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
hi, try to update video drivers if that don't work try svideo.com, hope that helps you.