Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer restarts itself several times an hour

• Please log in to reply

Neuendorff

Neuendorff

• Pip
  • 9 posts
While working on the computer, it will restart automatically. This can happen up to 5 times per hour. It happens most often while I am on the internet. However it will also happen while I am working in Word, Outlook etc. I do not know how to get to an event log to try and see what errors I am receiving. This has been occuring for quite a while but it is getting worse. I could use whatever help can be provided.

Thanks

Advertisements

fledgling

fledgling

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

While working on the computer, it will restart automatically. This can happen up to 5 times per hour. It happens most often while I am on the internet. However it will also happen while I am working in Word, Outlook etc. I do not know how to get to an event log to try and see what errors I am receiving. This has been occuring for quite a while but it is getting worse. I could use whatever help can be provided.

Thanks

Eventlog:

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Shut off the auto restart and post the exact error message you get when it blue screens.
Control Panel> System> Advanced> Start Up & Recovery > Settings
untick "automatically restart"

Johanna

Neuendorff

Neuendorff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Sorry it took so long to repsond but I have been out of town and of course while catching up on my email it blue screened. The error code read

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the actual stop error code with parameters would be more helpful, but the first place to start is to download current drivers for your machine from the manufacturer website and install them

irql not less than or equal to zero is often a driver related issue

Neuendorff

Neuendorff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
The actual Stop codes are

STOP: 0X0000000A(0X000000E8, oX00000002, 0X00000001, 0X806FFA16)

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Have a look at the information here

Stop Error

When this started had you recently installed a new piece of hardware?