Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

First boot... nothing happens

• Please log in to reply

jumpmandan23

jumpmandan23

• Pip
  • 6 posts
When I turn on my newly built computer the green light on the mobo turns on and the fans start whirring. Every fan in the computer works but on the monitor all i get is "Cable not connected". I have connected and re-connected every possible cable in my computer. But there is one thing I am not sure of. I have this this video card and i have no power pin connector to connect it to my motherboard. But the fan is spinning on the video card. Anyone have any ideas. Here are my specs

ASUS A8N5X Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard
XION Black XION II XON-103 SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply
SAPPHIRE 100129FB Radeon X800GTO 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 FireBlade Edition Video Card
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model
CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model
Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
NEC Black IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner Model

If you need more information just let me know. Thx

Advertisements

T1tan

T1tan

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Any beeps from your MB? (check if your speaker is connected to the MB)