Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor screwing up

• Please log in to reply

mrdrphil007

mrdrphil007

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
I have an Acer 17" 8ms VGA monitor that has faded color wise where firefox browser toolbars meet, creating ugly white lines. I think its because they are always displayed because im always on the internet.
its making my bikini wallpaper girl look really bad. I have the monitor set on 75Hz.
anybody know what this is? is the damage permanent? Anybody ever dealt with Acer before?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Is it a flatscreen monitor? It may have developed bad pixels.

mrdrphil007

mrdrphil007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
oh yeah man its a flat screen, and I can totally see where my yahoo buttons have killed the pixels. I hate you Acer.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Claim under any warranty you may have for dead pixels, but review Acer's policy on dead pixels before you claim.

If its not under warranty, then its time for a new monitor.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah, kinda sounds like dead pixels, acer have a pretty decent dead pixel policy if i remember its not a question of dead pixels but how many you have, if its one or two they wont take it back usually. 75Hz sounds a tad high for a flatpanel, they usually like it lower around 60Hz.

Dead pixels happen, even the best flatpanels get them its just bad luck really, remember not to set the brightness to high it can agrevate dead pixels and hurts your eyes.

mrdrphil007

mrdrphil007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
alright i turned it all the way down to 60Hz. Maybe that'll keep it from worsening, until ive got $400 to pay for a 19" Viewsonic.