Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphic Issues in Games

• Please log in to reply

Naeilya

Naeilya

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a problem. Whenever I go to play a game, I get funky reddish graphics with lines through them.

All other graphics are good, like when I start up, and my desktop and webpages, it's ONLY when I try to play games.

Anywho, this computer is new to me, and I installed XP Pro on it when I first got it. As I was doing so, I got this error that told me I need to update BIOS, but I just bypassed it and continued installing, not thinking it would be a problem.

Now I've tried most everything to fix this problem, and nothing so far has worked. I've switched graphics cards, reformatted, changed resos, deleted/updated drivers, and nothing has worked.

Could that BIOS error have something to do with it afterall? And if so, how would I go about fixing it?

I have an Acer Aspire V66M, 7100 series, w/ Pentium II Proc, and A NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 400 Vid Card. Thanks to anyone who can help! :tazz:

Advertisements

NeilA

NeilA

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
The system is definately using your graphics card and not any on board graphics isn't it?

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
You should download the latest BIOS. Head over to the manufacturers' website head to there download page, select the latest version of the BIOS. Make sure that you read everything on the page with the download or the readme file that comes with the download. When updating the BIOS, make sure that the weather is good, if there is a poweroutage in your area you just got a very big paperweight. Some BIOS's can install the on stored on ROM, if the update was in anyway wasnt complete. You should also make sure that you have the latest chipset drivers also. Hope that this helps.