Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Forgotten Password for XP

• Please log in to reply

Mallory

Mallory

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a password on my computer so my little cousins cant login under my admin name and mess everything up. However , I seemed to have fogot what my password is. I am using a friends computer during the meantime but I would really like to be able to use my computer for school and everything else. Is there anyway to fix this problem without calling HP and paying 40 bucks for them to fix it? I am using windows XP and Im trying to log in under my Admin name because the "guest" features are very limited. Please hep if you can

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Mallory! Welcome to G2G!

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode and loagging in as the Administrator? That account shouldn't be passworded unless you set one for it which is unwise.

Fenor

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
To get to the real Admin account, tap control-alt-delete twice at the welcome screen. If you have XP Home, you must do this in safe mode.

Johanna