Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't get Safe Mode to come up!

• Please log in to reply

Little Joe

Little Joe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am a pretty basic user and I was trying to follow the thread of another person who asked about removing a Malware Program. The instructions were to restart the computer and bring it up in Safe Mode. I have been trying that for some time now. I was successful in getting the Command Line Menu to come up by typing F8 and toggling to "Safe Mode" selection. I did that several times but my computer just froze. The screen goes dark and processes and then a bunch of lines scroll down the screen rapidly but all of a sudden they seem to "twilight Zone" on the screen and then there is a full screen of command line text and nothing.

Thanks in advance for your HELP!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
saying what the last line displayed would be useful...also, we're seeing a rash of ahead nero incd issues blocking safe mode

Do you have that installed? Update or uninstall it in normal mode and see if it works