Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My Mp3 Files: Some Are Blue, Some Are Black?

• Please log in to reply

WhoDoYouThink

WhoDoYouThink

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Just recently I noticed a change in my music folder. Originally all the files were labeled in a black (standard) color. Now...some are blue! What the heck? They are all mp3s and play fine in a wide variety of players.

But how do I get them all back to the color black??

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Windows supports file/folder color coding for easy identification for the user. The encrypted are displayed in green color and the compressed NTFS files are displayed in blue. To turn on/off this feature, uncheck Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color check box.

SRX660

WhoDoYouThink

WhoDoYouThink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Where do I find this? I right clicked for Properties, but cannot find this option.

Thanks for your help! :tazz:

WhoDoYouThink

WhoDoYouThink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Never mind. Found it...Thanks! That was driving me crazy. Wonder how that got changed?
This place rocks.