Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

UUSB 250 HD

• Please log in to reply

niteghost

niteghost

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I have a USB 2.0 , 250 Hard Drive, under My Computer, it only register 232 GIG on a FAT32.
Does that sounds about "Right" or do I have to edit my BIOS to make XP Pro read as much as possible on the capacity of the hard Drive.
I heard XP have a problem reading a Hard Drive over 200 GiG, is that Right??
:tazz: :)

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi niteghost!

232GB sounds about right for a 250GB hard drive. I myself have a 160GB hard drive and it only lets me use 149GB of it. I myself don't know the exact reason why it does this, but it is normal for this to occur so dont' worry about it. :tazz:

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 30 January 2006 - 07:23 AM.

niteghost

niteghost

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Hi niteghost!

232GB sounds about right for a 250GB hard drive. I myself have a 200GB hard drive and it only lets me use 179GB of it. I myself don't know the exact reason why it does this, but it is normal for this to occur so dont' worry about it. :tazz:

Fenor

I found the answer and it all has to do with ,how we define a "byte" and the Manufacturer defines it. If U are interested and anyone else , here is the Link that explains it very Clearly

Link : http://wdc.custhelp....hZ2U9MQ**&p_li=

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Thanks for the link! :tazz:

Ya learn something new everyday, that's why I love this site so much!

Fenor