Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse Pointer

• Please log in to reply

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
After my recent problem with internet explorer, which is now working, I am having with mouse pointer. After playing a game or using certin applications, I loose my moouse pointer for about 20-30 seconds. I can point and click, intuitively, and buttons and icons do respond, but I can't see the pointer. :tazz: So, what can be causing it? Please assist. Thank you.

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
I'm pretty sure that is just a bug in the game. Some games make the mouse icon disappear since it is replaced with a target reticle, or some games don't use a mouse at all. At the end of the game, the programmers should make the mouse reappear, but I guess they forget, or there's a problem.

I have the same exact problem with certain games. I know for a fact it is not caused by an infection since my personal computer is not connected to the internet. I get around this inconviniance by simply opening something.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 30 January 2006 - 09:05 AM.

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Ummm, no. I got what you are saying, but it also happens spontaneously after let's say I close a browser, or a folder, Etc.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
just as a test. please reinstall the latest video drivers for your pc

sometimes, malware damages these files, and I;ve seen this happen before--video driver reinstall fixed it

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Will do tonight. I'll keep you posted on the end result. :tazz:

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Ok. I reinstalled the Video Driver and Applicaiton, however it did not fix the problem. What did fix it :) was the following. After closing the game, while not seeing the pointer I do a refresh by pressing F5. As soon as I do it, I get my pointer back. So this issue is now resolved. Thank you. :tazz: