Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

dual processors...

• Please log in to reply

bigfastf150

bigfastf150

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have an intel board L440GX+. The board did have one processor at 750 megahertz in it with a 100 megahertz fsb. I just got two 866 processors with 133 megahertz fsb, when I put them in and boot the i get a message saying "processor front side bus frequency mismatch". Does this mean I can't use my processors or is there a jumper I need to move or something?

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisements

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
In order to run dual CPU you need two IDENTICAL cpu.

bigfastf150

bigfastf150

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Right...I have two different IDENTICAL 866 Mhz processors. When I got the board it had ONE 750 Mhz processor in it. The problem happened when I pulled out the single and put the two IDENTICAL processors in the board.

Anyhow, I don't thing the board supporst the 133 Mhz bus and I am stuck with two processors I can't use.

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
You're correct.