Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I read the post from Admin on discouraging donations. I have just become familiar with "open source" communities and deeply appreciate the help I received (from Buckeye Sam) on the cure of my Spyaxe problem.

Please let me know what I can do to help promote this great environment.

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Buckeye Sam is awesome. :)

I think admin. was encouraging you to donate to the person who assisted you instead of donating to the site as a whole. The site does accept donations, but admin. (who also runs this site as a volunteeer) realizes the board could not run without volunteers and encourages donations to individuals instead of the site as a whole.

You do what you feel comfortable doing. A pat on the back, like you provided is really neat. Thanks again. :tazz: