Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is movemedia.exe?

• Please log in to reply

lghamm

lghamm

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I just installed Zonealarm and it is alerting me that movemedia.exe is attempting to access the internet. What is this and should I allow it?
Thanks!
Laura

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Is that the correct name? Or is it moviemedia.exe? Is it trying to access your computer?

Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
lghamm, I may have an answer for you...
have you ever visited and/or used services from www.ldsaudio.com?
If so, are you from UTAH? (you don't have to answer that one :tazz: )

lghamm

lghamm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
My son probably did something with LDSaudio.com. We are LDS, but do not live in Utah. :tazz:

Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Yeah, it's a program they use to download audiofiles, books, and music onto you computer. I'm not sure why it is so persistent to run every time your computer starts up, but it does. I disabled it in MSCONFIG, because I only needed it for a one-time use. But, if you/your son plans on downloading books in the future I'd leave it alone, as long as you aren't hungry for computer resources and bandwidth, I wouldn't imagine it's that taxing on your system. But yeah, that's what the program is. Let me know if I can help you do anything else with it.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
hopefully you have this resolved by now, however if you are still having issues I would start with our malware forum and see if they can make sure you don't have any malware installed.

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

best of luck,

Starjax

msa

msa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same question regaurding movemedia.exe What is it. is it safe? :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum