Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

USB FLASH DRIVE (s) DON'T WORK

• Please log in to reply

SDSPARK58

SDSPARK58

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I HAVE 2 USB FLASH DRIVES NEITHER WILL WORK ON MY DESKTOP :tazz: .DESKTOP JUST CRASHED LAST WEEK.I REFORMATTED THE HARD DRIVE AND INSTALLED WINDOWS XP MCE (CLEAN INSTALL).I HAVE OTHER USB DEVICES WORKIN ON THIS PC, SO I HAVE TRIED ALOT OF THING TO TRY TO GET THESE DRIVES TO WORK BUT NO SUCESS.THEY BOTH WORKED FINE B-4, AND THEY BOTH STILL WORK ON MY LAPTOP.WINDOWS SAYS :) "ONE OF THE USB DEVICES ATTACHED TO THIS COMPUTER HAS MALFUNCTIONED AND WINDOWS DOES NOT RECONIZE IT" PLEASE HELP? :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Please don't shout.

I presume you've tried all the USB ports?

SDSPARK58

SDSPARK58

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
yes i am sorry i forgot about the caps thing.yes ive tried all ports.im going out of my mind.

SDSPARK58

SDSPARK58

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
now i just hookd up my smart phone and it wont connect via usb either.im thinking my motherboard drivers did not load correctly?

SDSPARK58

SDSPARK58

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I've got it....I had the frunt side bus turned up to high for the usb to work right.in case anybody wanter to know..