Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Convert VOB DVD to Windows Movie Maker

• Please log in to reply

Leesburg Preacher

Leesburg Preacher

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am trying to import a DVD into Windows Movie Maker. Obviously, the files are not compatible. The DVd is in VOB format. The WMM just does nothing when prompted to act. Eventually, a error message appears.

1. How can I convert the video so that I can edit it in WMM?
2. Is there a software program that I need?
3. Please explain. Will my audio files convert as well? Will I need an additional software?
4. I have noticed a lot of software options available. Is there one that I can trust?

In closing, I own the DVD and the rights to it fully. It is a private video on my church. Second, I know little of computers and greatly need your help.
Blessings.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try this

http://www.flaskmpeg.net/

FlasKMPEG takes MPEG streams and encodes them into another format, trying to achieve the maximum possible quality and trying to minimize the conversion impact providing a straightfordward aproach to the MPEG1/2 to MPEG/AVI conversion. AVI output and MPEG output through bbMPEG (MPEG1, MPEG2, VCD & SVCD) are supported right off the box and other conversions are supported in form of plug-ins. FlaskMPEG can also convert .VOB files to AVI