Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Other Computer not getting connection from Wireless Router due to IP C

• Please log in to reply

Notsohandyandy

Notsohandyandy

• Pip
  • 9 posts
EDIT: Woops, where it says "C" in the title, i meant, IP Conflict

OK, so basically its been fine for the two months that we've had this, but recently we've been having alot of problems with our Modem. It keept dropping and then Reconnecting, and stayed online for about a minute or so, then went off again. The wireless router was fine until some day, the Wireless Icon on my Netgear Wireless Router, just goes off and stays off.

Now, ive seen a similar post about the modem problem, it is now fixed thanks to that patcher. (i think)

now im not sure whats happened about the router, but he who shall not be named, decided to click Repair on the Wireless Connection Icon (This is the Computer that RECEIVES the Wireless Broadcasts) , then after that im not sure if it was the problem, it stopped Working. It may have been when it said "Renewing IP Address". Im saying that because i saw something else related to IP Addresses while on this PC (The one with Modem and Router) saying something like "IP Conflict with another Machine in this Network". Does that have anything to do with it?

I also have a log from Event Viewer:

Your computer has detected that the IP address 10.0.0.1 for the Network Card with network address 0090D0895BB3 is already in use on the network. Your computer will automatically attempt to obtain a different address.

This comes under the "Dhcp" category, under Warning

another Is:

The system detected that network adapter \DEVICE\TCPIP_{9A972BEB-0266-4653-87AC-B1D67CDACB27} was connected to the network, and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter.

This comes under the "Tcip" Category, under Information, im assuming thats what i should be seeing.

What else need i say for you to help me?

Andrew

Edited by Notsohandyandy, 30 January 2006 - 11:35 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
can you try to connect all the machines in the network to your network however you usually do that...i guess you said they're all wireless..

then do start > run >cmd > ipconfig /all on each computer...and post the results