Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

streaming media problem?

• Please log in to reply

bishop67

bishop67

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have win xp...with all current updates...and win media player 10...for some reason whenever I try to play streaming media , the player open like normal...then immediately shuts down and I get an error message that closes both the player and internet explorer??? I am able to download files and view them normally any ideas?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what form of streaming media?

xzmattzx

xzmattzx

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
i'm having trouble with my streaming video as well. i was hit by spyware and viruses and whatnot, and i think they're all gone, because my computer is running fine again. but now i can't watch streming video. it loads up but doesn't show anything. (an example of streaming video i can't watch are olympics highlights on nbcolympics.com.)

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
xzmattzx, lets make sure you don't have any spyware left. just go here: http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

once you get a clean bill of health from there please start a new post here and we will be glad to assist you.

thanks,
Starjax

xzmattzx

xzmattzx

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
i did a spyware check of my computer today using spysubtract pro, which i bought a couple weeks ago. is this good enough of a check to delete all of the spyware?