Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hello and help oh mighty smart ones

• Please log in to reply

Strahd

Strahd

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
First off, this is my first post here. Just want to say, geeks rule! I always felt I leaned more on the geeky/smart side than any other, but was often made fun of by the geeks because I guess I was a bit too cool for them, and transversely, was never accepted by the popular people because I was too geeky for them. Go figure. Anyhow, I am humbly requesting your vast assortment of knowledge to aid me in these times of need, in other words... :tazz: . Alright, onto the good stuff...

When I log in, it says some crap about "netslb.exe - Bad image application or DLL c:\Windows\apiml.dll is not a valid windows image" can't remember the rest. Also some other message, but this last one is the most recent one and the one that seems to be giving me the problem. When I try to open any FOLDER in my desktop, I get "DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem" blah blah blah. And then my computer freezes, and I have to reboot. I checked for more info on the problem...and here's what I got...

EventType : BEX P1 : drwtsn32.exe P2 : 5.1.2600.0 P3 : 3b7d84a2
P4 : dbghelp.dll P5 : 5.1.2600.2180 P6 : 4110969a P7 : 0001295d
P8 : c0000409 P9 : 00000000

that and they wanted me to send the problem report to microsoft. Sooo, I will now accept any advice you have, and I am at your mercy. Please help me. Oh, one more thing. Before all this happened, I did install some software, a game. Warcraft 3 and it's expansion...The frozen throne. It all went fine, but I'm thinking what may have done it is when I was trying to log on to battlenet. It was updating a patch I guess, which took forever since i'm on dial-up. And when it finished, I tried restarting it, but it said there was an error with the download. Just an idea...and I saw some other posts, so I decided to completely uninstall WC3 and it's expansion in a futile attempt to remedy the situation, but to no avail. That's what I have so far. Please help me oh adepts of technology! I bring you worthy praises for your valiant efforts in your attempts to save me from my stupidity! Thank you all ;)

Advertisements

Strahd

Strahd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
okay....new updates....after posting my first message above...I went to another site...and saw a cool pic of a car. So i'm like, gee, I think I'll save that. I right click, go to save as... and then...noooooo! my computer just totally freezes. Son of a! So I reboot, and now, the message I posted above with the bad image didn't show up this time on start-up. Could it be a fluke? hrm...maybe. Anyways, posting this before I do anything else. I'm going to try and open a folder on my desktop and see if it works now. Who knows, I might have fixed it without doing anything, which I doubt. Nonetheless, I feel it worthy to mention that my quick-icons, if that's how you call 'em, to the right of the start button on the toolbar, are working fine. I mean, I click on 'em, and it opens up the file no prob. Problem arises when I open folders, or files with more files in 'em, like My computer and stuff. Anyways, here I go, hopefully I accidentally fixed everything :tazz:. I'll be back

Strahd

Strahd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hmm...one more thing. when i log on my computer, it shows this message...

On heading of bar - "RUNDLL"

Error loading C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL
The specified module could not be found.

Ideas? Thanks in advance

Strahd

Strahd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
alrighty....well, I went off to open up the My Documents folder, and here's what my computer did....

nothing, other than show the little sandclock next to my mouse for 10 seconds, then the whole desktop went blank except for the background, like all the icons and toolbar dissapeared for a brief 3 seconds, restored itself, and the sandclock was gone. This is driving me nuts. I can't even go into my computer or my documents and check out stuff! I tried right clicking on the folder, and going to open, or explore in the case of my computer, and nothing. On the plus side, this time it didn't say anything about a drwatson. Hold on, going to try and explore my computer again by right clicking it. I'll be right back to update what happened. And I just realized I'm a spam [bleep], so I'll just edit this message so as to not add more posts

Strahd

Strahd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hrmm...seems I can't edit my quotes...that' just great. sorry for the additional message. My computer's going nucking futs I guess. I tried exploring my computer by right clicking on my computer, going to explore, duh. After torturing me with a minute long wait of seeing the hourglass, the drwatson mssage popped up again, and stupid me didn't see the details this time. Anyways, something interesting, when I rebooted, the error message i posted the the post before this didn't show up this time, just my aim box. hrm...weird. Anyways, still can't open up crap from my desktop and this is irritating me. Arrghh...help :tazz: