Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant log off or shut down

• Please log in to reply

xxsodjxx

xxsodjxx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Please please some1 help me Ive searched, read, scanned, tested, instaled, uninstaled and confused myself for the last 5 hours! Never posted anything before but dunno what elce to do! :tazz: This is my last effort!
My own fault for not doing something straight away coz the problems started quite a while ago. Start up is fine but log in onwards goes like this:
Log onto user- When I log onto my account I get messge 'unexpected error, quiting' then windows instaler comes up 'preparing to instal' with nothing about what its instaling or why. But it doesnt get far coz another box comes up with 'norton does not support the repair feature, please uninstal and reinstal'
When logging onto the other 2 usser account the same unexpected error comes up and ive just been told that one saying something about intigers has come up recently. :) Never ends!
Internet- All users get error message eg 'An error has occoured in the scipt on thid page. Line 11 char 1 error object expected code 0 url: file: // c:\documentandsettings/sodj/localsettings\temp\NDrDE.temp.html
Logging off- Freezes with just desktop background on screan, but can switch user.
Shut down- Looks like it is shuting down but then just goes black and sort off powers down but light still on front and screan still registers the comp as being switched on. Turned off auto restart on system failure and now can see error on blue screan 'STOP c000021a fatal system error. The windows logon process system process terninated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000) the system has been shut down.'

If any1 didnt get a headace from that then plz share Thank u!!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Hard to say where to start with this one...

you are clearly infected with malware, but that is not all that is going on.

You mentioned Norton and the error at start up, plus that error is common with norton goback installed.

I would

a) uninstall ALL Norton programs on your pc for the moment.
b) visit the malware forum and get cleaned up by following the instructions at the top and then getting an all clear from the malware crew

return here if problems persist

You can reinstall the Norton stuff later, but do NOT install Goback. I have had more trouble with goback then I can recount and it is redundant in Windows XP which has system restore. goback is actually superior to system restore when it works, but it also causes issues