Usually when a computer runs slow, it has been infected with a virus or spyware. I would suggest going to http://www.lavasoftu...ftware/adaware/
and downloading Ad-aware SE Personal and run it to scan for any spyware. As for getting the yahoo and kodak icons off the system tray, you can do 1 of 2 things.
1. You can check the options in both the programs:
right click, and click on options, or settings, or something along those lines, and make sure the option for putting it on the system tray is unchecked.
2. If this doesn't work, or you don't use the programs at all, you can uninstall them. to do this,:
1. Click on Start > Settings > Controll Panel.
2. Double-click on the add/remove programs icon,
3. Look through the list and find the programs labeled with the Yahoo and Kodak names, and push the uninstall button.
It's been a while since I've used Windows 98, so there may be minor discepancies in the names. If you have any questions, just ask! Good luck.