Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer is driving me crazy!

• Please log in to reply

Happybunny20

Happybunny20

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Please someone help me!
I've been trying to fix my PC for ages and I have no clue whats gone wrong!

None of the folders on my computer will open up any more!
This includes My Computer, My documents, My Pictures, Recycle Bin, Control Panel, Search, Internet Explorer or any other random folders that I've got.

I've recently installed Norton Internet Securty 2005 and Password Manager, but I've managed to uninstall them and reinstall them and they don't seem to be the problem.

Our virus checks are up to date and so are our windows updates, so I'm thinking we've got SP2

I sometimes get Runtime Errors such as 216 and 217, along with an Explorer Error about SysFader. I've search on google about this but nobody seems to know whats up!

I also get errors saying things like Error with xxxxxxxxxx at location xxxxxxxxx. the Memory could not be "read" or sometimes it says The Memory could not be "written".

Please Help!

Advertisements