Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows search option not working

• Please log in to reply

madalchemist

madalchemist

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
will give it a tidy up, my computer is a phillips freeline, I guess that file must be summink to do with that.
Tried the search in my computer and it done the same, when I look at me processors, explorers running high??
Looked at reinstalling explorer but easn't sure about all the registry stuff (changing REG_dword etc.) :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
well, this worked earlier

download:

http://www.sysintern...es/Filemon.html

Before we get started, I want you to be familiar with the Capture button so you can find it quickly when we do this. Open Filemon. Note the button at the top that looks like a magnifying glass. Pressing that button will stop Filemon from recording (capturing) the activity of your computer. That is the button you will be pressing when I say to.

Now exit out of Filemon. Exit all non-essential programs (the ones in the taskbar next to the clock. Do this by right-clicking on them and selecting exit or close.) Now we will use Filemon.

We are going to do this fairly fast: Open Filemon and then immediately open SEARCH. Let the computer sit for about 10 seconds. Quickly return to Filemon and click on the magnifying glass button at the top. Now click on File > Save as... and save the log to your desktop. Attach that log to your reply
--courtesy computerwiz12890

Compress the file before attaching--right click it, choose SEND TO > COMPRESSED FOLDER

madalchemist

madalchemist

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanx again 4 ya help!, Have done the filemon capture and zipped it, havn't a clue what it all means!. saw lots of errors logged on it though.
:tazz:
Attached File  Filemon.zip   131.45KB   73 downloads

madalchemist

madalchemist

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi, I know your all very busy, just wanted to know if anyone had a chance to look at the zip file yet? I dont really understand it, Im not really bothered about the troubleshooters not workin, but would like to get the search working again, can anybody help me plz?
:tazz: