Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MS Works Suite 2002

• Please log in to reply

LthrnckPA

LthrnckPA

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
My wife has a Gateway notebook that caught a W32 bug. My daughter tried to fix it and I wound up having to reformat the HD when she got done screwing things up more. So I am trying now to reload the software that came with it. It has all the CDs for MS Works Suite 2002. But my wife did not save the little orange box it came in (according to Gateway) 2 years ago so she doesn't have the COA. Gateway referred me to Microsoft, whose website says they retired product support for that in September of 2004.

Is there anything I can do to get her software to work again?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Microsoft will supply a new product key which is the important thing for re-installing it

LthrnckPA

LthrnckPA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
How do I get them to do that, when they say they retired support for this product a year and a half ago? Will a simple e-mail be enough to get them to cooperate? (Especially since they aren't known for being customer friendly)

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Start here and explain the case has been lost

http://search.micros...ost product key