Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spilt milk

• Please log in to reply

herewego

herewego

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I spilt milk on my keyboard last night and I cleaned it all off as far as i could tell and today it does not work i will press a key and it will create multipls of the keystroke. I took apart the keyboard and found a little more milk but it still does not work

Advertisements

herewego

herewego

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
do you think it is done for?

wholo5

wholo5

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Is it a notebook or desktop. If desktop, new keyboards are cheap. If it is a notebook, you can replace it for $30. or $40.

Try blowing it out with air, might help.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
milk=destroyer of keyboards

I have, on bizarre occassions, washed keyboards in the dishwasher (light duty mode, not pots and pans), then placed the keyboard over the heater and let the furnace dry it out over night--but 99 percent of the time, the keyboard is toast

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.tigerdire...CMP=OTC-FROOGLE get one of these next time