Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need to find a good rather cheap mic/headset

• Please log in to reply

mellow_tripper

mellow_tripper

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Does anyone own a good mic they would reccommend or have used one they like, I am really looking for a headset Ex Headphones with a mic attached but I don't want to drop too much money on something so trivial. Thanks

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
something like this?

http://www.ecost.com...n=email,ECOSTPG

SRX660

mellow_tripper

mellow_tripper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
It looks good from what I see just I have never used one before, have you used this one or what, if anyone else has found a good headset then please tell me. Thanks alot :tazz:

mellow_tripper

mellow_tripper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I got this headset and for what little I paid it's amazing I can blair sound and adjust it with the control on the cord, also the Mic picks almost anything so no need to raise your voice or anything along those lines. It also has a nice quality to simply turn off the mic so you can just listen to whats going on. As well its very comfortable and not really to intrusive. The only downside is when your mic is attached and even when you switch it off there are some static sounds in the backround, I was wondering if this may be just a result from my soundcard but I am not really sure, I have some hookups in the front of my comp so if I unplug the mic part then it works just fine. Thanks alot for reccomending this great product. :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I just bought myself speed link medusa 5.1 headset for 34 quid including P&P should arrive in a couple of days, apparently its what the proper gamers use when they cant carry there full speaker sets with them.

Looks pretty sweet, 5.1 and it comes with its own amp so you can have speakers and headset in at the same time, also the mic is on a seperate lead so you cna just unplug it when you arent using it, cant wait to get them. It was either that or anothe cheapo set but my last cheap set broke inside two weeks.