Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how do i burn video from windows media player

• Please log in to reply

polling

polling

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
I downloaded a video that i can only play in my Media Player. I was wondering if anyone here knows a way i can take that video that's in my Windows Media Player and burn it onto a dvd. Thanx in advance :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got the file saved to your hard drive, if yes, which file extension has it got

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
No. I'm new too all of this, i don't even know how to save a file in media player to my hard drive. I guess you can say i'm computer illiterate

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Play the video in media player, click file to see if save / save as are options, if not, it is usually down to copyright and you will only be able to use media player to watch it

If save is an option, create a folder in my documents, click save and save it to the folder you created, when it has downloaded, right click the file, click properties and it will say what type of file it is

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
I right click on the file and i got the option to remove from list, play,Move Up Move Down And to Open Containing Folder. When i opened up the containing folder i was given the option to Rename this file, Move This File, Copy,This File or Email This File

Not sure what that means in the grand scheme of things

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Not a bad start but right click it then click properties

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
ok Media Type is video
Video Codec is Nero Video Decoder

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got Nero 6 or 7

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
No i don't think so, i have what was installed in my computer and i think it's called Nero Start Smart

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
No i don't think so, i have what was installed in my computer and i think it's called Nero Start Smart

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
I went into Nero Start Smart and i did see some options to burn a VCD or Data DVD or DVD but i'm not sure

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You have Nero

Click start smart to get this

[attachment=6286:attachment]

Click make dvd video

[attachment=6287:attachment]

Click the magnifying glass then click browse

[attachment=6288:attachment]

Choose the file, then click the + to add it to the time line, click export, name the file, click export

The file will be saved to Nero Vision, exported video

Open start smart, click make dvd video, click add video files, add the file from Nero exported video, click next etc and it will burn to disc

You will need to use a DVDR disc usually, because of the file size, if it isn't too big, make sure multi session is selected so you can add other video the same way

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Ok i'm totally lost

First i can't pull up that screen the screen i pull up gives me the option to make a wma DVD

And it also gives a option to burn DVD files

After i clicked on both items i got a screen that wouldn't allow me to browse my computer for files all it asked me to do was to add files,and when i did select a folder it said that the file was not compatible

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then all programmes, Nero, vision express, which version is that

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Nero Express