Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant find modem drivers

• Please log in to reply

polabear627

polabear627

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for helping! I have moved a conexant rd01 d580 modem out of my dell (running XP) into an older gateway (running 98). I do not have win 98 drivers for this modem. I have tried approx 10 different drivers - from conexant and driver guide -but the installer keeps sysing that its not the reccomended driver for the hardware found. I install it anyways but then the modem test (on more options button) keeps saying port already open. I checked to make sure RNAPP isnt running but doesnt help. I think its becasue I have the wrong driver - any ideas?
P.S. This was after a clean format and reinstall of Win 98 on this computer

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/comm/copper98.EXE maybe that...found it in a dell support forum with someone asking about the same modem

polabear627

polabear627

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanls for your help! I will try it and let you know