Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IE Crash

• Please log in to reply

Rhionin

Rhionin

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Every time I open Internet Explorer, I get this error.

I have no idea what to do.

Edit: The picture link resolution was too low, Ill just type it off as it appears

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

OK

Edited by Rhionin, 01 February 2006 - 11:44 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
Do you have the Google Toolbar installed? If so, does uninstalling it solve the issue?
Do you have McAffee software installed? (especially the internet security suite that includes an antiphishing component?) If so, please follow the instructions bellow:
Right click your internet explorer icon located on your desktop. Choose properties, then the advanced tab, then uncheck the box that says "enable third party browser extensions." Then open internet explorer, select tools from the menu bar, then manage add-ons.Disable Mcafee Antiphishing Filter under the "Browser Help Object" section NOT the "Browser Extension." section. Then go back and recheck the box that says "enable third party browser extensions" under the advanced tab of the Internet Explorer properties menu.
Restart internet explorer and everything should be back to normal..

if these do not work go here and download/install.

if none of those work then

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.