Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SLI instability...

• Please log in to reply

riccochet

riccochet

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey guys.
I'm probably flogging a dead horse here, but i posted before about not even being able to get SLI working on my machine. I finally did get it working, but the problem now is that sometimes i'll boot up and it will just not see the second card again.
There isn't really any patterns to it, I would check the SLI bridge, reseat the cards, change the slots on the 2 cards to make sure its not a problem with the card itself, upgrade to the newest forceware drivers, and sometimes it would come up and detect it fine.
This last time it went for several weeks without any errors. Thought i had it beat. I just booted up again and now it can't see the second card again.
Has anyone had any issues like this? What did you do to fix them and what could i possibly do to fix them. I've been working on this basically since i got my second video card and i'm getting very frustrated with the issue. Thought that perhaps someone that isn't effected by the problem might have a better idea.

Advertisements