Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Display not working

• Please log in to reply

tyoshi

tyoshi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I cant get my display to work. My laptop is receiving power but i'm not getting any display. How do I fix it. Iwould really appreciate any help.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
connect an external monitor to the laptop, press the FN and the F7 key to switch between monitors.

Does the display show?

There are several, unappealing answers. The backlight on the display is burned out. The videocard on the motherboard is dead. The cable connecting the display to motherboard is damaged.

When you boot, do you get anyting at all on the monitor?

tyoshi

tyoshi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Nothin on the display. I can hear the cpu processing, and every now and then there are beebing sounds.

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I agree with Gerry here. All the answers to your question are very depressing in the pocket book. It's definately related to the connection between your motherboard and monitor. It's one of a few things.

1. Bad motherboard (laptop motherboards run around 350-500 dollars US currency)
2. Bad CPU (around the same price for laptops unless you look on Ebay)
3. Bad onboard video, but in the case of a laptop...thats not a fixable problem without serious metal work IE:soddering and dangerous work
4. Bad memory.....which is a long shot, but you never know....try changing out the memory.