Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

OOPS i BROKE IT

• Please log in to reply

Rippka

Rippka

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I hope this is in the appropiate forum, but nevertheless.
I am attempting to build my first system, recently I purchase (online) a computer case. As I was taken it out of the box, it dropped, face down, and broke. To make a long story short, as the front was plastic, would it be possible to purchase it seperately, or will I have to start from scratch and buy a new case. Could anyone refer me to a vendor? I would be eternaly gratefull

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Whats the case some you might be able o fet some you might not, you may be able to for example get an old case thats the same from ebay and stick the front on it, and some companies will sell new fronts but ti depends on the company and the case.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
did you buy the case from somewhere like tiger direct? it's probably under warranty...as long as you didn't get it second hand

Rippka

Rippka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I don't need the exact case front, I just want to replace the broken one. No it is not under any warrenty, I brought it on Ebay.
Thanks for the replies

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well there is no standard for case fronts past the motherboards tray and PSU mount there isnt any actuall standard for the case exterior and how they are mounted so unless you make something yourself then its gonna have to be the same thing again in order for it to fit.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Superglue works wonders if you dont mind a few scars. A lot of times the local computer shops have a few case fronts they save from disassembled puters laying around. I have dozens around here because i am too lazy to pull the switches and lights from them. I just stack them in a corner umtil i need a part.

SRX660

Rippka

Rippka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks, but Superman couldn't fix this.