Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Will Vista work with integrated graphics cards?

• Please log in to reply

thefunnymanfrommars

thefunnymanfrommars

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I heard rumors that windows vista doesnot support integrated graphics cards(for example Intel 845G/GL). Is this true

Advertisements

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

I heard rumors that windows vista doesnot support integrated graphics cards(for example Intel 845G/GL). Is this true

No. It's not true. I'm running Vista on that very one I believe...and it's working just fine. Visually it's very appealing actually. I'm sure it would be better with a PCI express card, but it's not neessary.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It wont work as it should on them but it will work, probably, they initially intended it to be a dx9 only and most of its new graphical features will be disable(the beta is far from what its suposed to be like) with integrated from intel, the ati integrated will work as its DX9 but it will still be an extra system load and another chunk from memory, they really should stop selling integrated gfx chipsets to home users they are meant for office workers and there specifcally basic needs they dont need any multimedia functions for the most part like a home pc does.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Vista will work fine with integrated graphics, you just won't enjoy all the features, like Aero glass, and other 3D effects that should be announced soon.

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
also it will work with integrated graphics, not your intel extreme ones these days, but newer ones. there will be low end geforce 7 series chipsets out to be put into motherboards for built in graphics usage by computer manufacturers. so onboard graphics will be up a notch, or ten by the time vista is released, so it will run fine, but not how it will be showcased in computer shows. vista is one of those "we'll have to wait and see" things.

Sam_G

Sam_G

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
So are you saying that vista will run on a 32mb integrated graphics card ?