Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP won't shot down right away

• Please log in to reply

boldog

boldog

• Pip
  • 4 posts
When I want to turn off my computer, Windows won't shot down right away.
I have to click "End Task" for "hpcmpmgr.exe" and "TRd ww:C:Program~" each
time before Windows shots down.
Is there a way to correct this so that the computer would shot down without
these extra steps?
There is no virus, no spyware, adware or alike! I am running several Anti..... programs.
Thanks for your help.
Boldog

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
could ou post the full trd ww message? as there is more to it than what you posted..

hpcmpmgr.exe is the hp component manager..what hp devices do you have installed?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

I have 2 HP printers installed:
HP Photosmart 7960 and HP DeskJet 610CL.
Both of them working fine, I do not understand why the "hpcmpmgr.exe" pop up each time when I want to turn off the computer. It says, "hpcmpmgr.exe" is not responding.

The other one is "TRd ww:C:Program~" _ that one is not responding either when I want to turn off the PC, so I have to click on the Task Manager to "End Task".
This latter one started to show up after I installed the TOTAL RECORDER software.
I have the filling the problem may be related to this software not being installed properly. Should I uninstall it and then reinstall it, or do you think the above error is due to something else.

Thanks for your help.
boldog

uninstall the recorder software and see if that error stops

also do start > run > services.msc....find the hpcmpmgr service if you can..it might be listed as hp component manager...if you find it..stop it and set the startup type to manual...or disabled...then shutdown...does the hpcmpmgr error still happen?

boldog

boldog

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I tried the Start>Run> Services.msc but under the Services there is no listing of the hpcmpmgr.
Where else could I look for it? How to stop the HP mgr to start automatically?
boldog

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
boldog...

hpcmpmgr.exe is a startup application installed when you installed the HP device. It is not essential for running the system and can be safely "stopped" by unchecking the box next to "HP Component Manager" or "hpcmpmgr" under the Startup tab. Click Start, then Run, and type msconfig...click "Ok". Click the "Startup" tab and deselect the entry, then click "Apply" and "Ok". Reboot.

See if your "Pop-ups" still occur...

wannabe1

boldog

boldog

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

boldog...

hpcmpmgr.exe is a startup application installed when you installed the HP device. It is not essential for running the system and can be safely "stopped" by unchecking the box next to "HP Component Manager" or "hpcmpmgr" under the Startup tab. Click Start, then Run, and type msconfig...click "Ok". Click the "Startup" tab and deselect the entry, then click "Apply" and "Ok". Reboot.

See if your "Pop-ups" still occur...

wannabe1