Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help me please!

• Please log in to reply

elizabeth200129646

elizabeth200129646

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My mothers computer will reboot and show the HP screen, then the screen will go black and say Load error! press any key to reboot. we have tried to do everything, but nothing is working. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I have seen this once in a computer that had a bad sector in the boot sector of the hard drive. I ended up replacing the hard drive after trying to fix the drive with tools downloaded from the makers website( did not work on this drive).

SRX660

deodar

deodar

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Boot Sector Error.May be fixed from DOS by running Scandisk/all. Insert
a boot floppy to reach the menu;choose 'Start Without CDROM support'.
Enter-wait for the 'A' prompt type in Scandisk/all-this will rebuild a lot of
index's and possibly the boot sector.After that it will offer to do a surface scan
-a good idea which may help.

deodar

deodar

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
XP -put the cd in and boot from the CD. In the first menu you should be able to press R to repair. you will go to a menu (dos) type help and a lit will come up. type chkdsk /r and let this run (may take a while) after that has finished type bootfix. Reboot and if all good then you should go into windows.
Not sure of your O/S so included this for reference.