Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen....

• Please log in to reply

IneD

IneD

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi im new to these forums and i heard that you guys can really help me out with this, well here is my problem....

This problem happens at total random, a blue screen would pop up and it would restart my computer, it pops up so fast that i only could read one part of it and it is at the bottom, it says "Beginning Dump Of Physical Memory".. and then the comp restarts.... that is what happens.

Can anyone tell why this might be happening?? any help would be appreciated

Thank You :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose the SETTINGS button in the Startup And RECOVERY section, and uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART

Now reboot.

The next time this occurs, this will result in the BSOD (blue screen) error...report the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

It is almost certainly a driver error, and you can probably avoid all the above by downloading the newest drivers for your machine

IneD

IneD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Ty for your time, as soon as this BSOD error happens again i will post all that it says...

IneD

IneD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
okay it happened again today and i did what you said and i recorded the information, It is as follows...

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR"

Then it went on telling me what i should do if this happened for the first time, which by the way didnt help at all.

Okay now for the Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007A (0xC07BA438, 0XC0000185, 0xF7487642, 0X33479860)

*** ftdisk.sys - Address F7487642 base at F747D000, DateStamp 3b7d8419

Beginning Dump of Physical Memory

Thats what the blue screen said when it happened again and when i restarted the computer it cant start up again because a message comes up saying "NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart" and when i do press ctrl+alt+del to restart it come up with the same message. I am writing from my brothers computer cause my computer is down cause i cant start it up because of "NTLDR is missing" GRRRR

Well i hope that you can help me out with my comp.... Thank You for your time

Edited by IneD, 04 February 2006 - 04:48 PM.

IneD

IneD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
this keeps happening GRRRR :tazz:

IneD

IneD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
does anyone know what this could be or what could be causing this because i made my computer myself and i really dont want it to break down.... so i beg you guys to help me out!!

IneD

IneD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i am also getting this stop error

*** STOP 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x85F4C930, 0x85F4CAA4, 0x805C7478)

This happens about 5 minutes after i turn my computer on, so i cant really do anything..... i am on my bros computer now which is a compaq and it is horrible, so if you have any info on how to fix my comp help me out please because i want my comp back....

Thank you guys for your time

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://support.micro...spx?kbid=320397

take a look at the above article...does the cause sound likely?

IneD

IneD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
okay thank you for that... that helped me out.. do you know anything about the stop erros that i am getting??

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the first is telling you that a piece of date the PC is looking for cannot be found in memory, and it usually means that you have a a squirrley harddrive issue

download Everest Home

http://www.geekstogo...tion=show&id=13

unzip it, install it, and then save a report and ATTACH it to your next post

IneD

IneD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Here you go, exactly as you wanted....

Attached Files

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
before I even looked I wondered if you had a two-harddrive system...which one of these is your boot drive?

the sata or ide?

have you checked for the newest driver for the sata driver?

IneD

IneD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Yeah i do have a two hard drive system and the boot drive is SATA, and no i havent checked for the newest driver... can you give me a link please?

I use My Maxtor 7L300S0 for all of my programs and my WDC WD740GD only for Windows.....

Thank You