Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Administrator

• Please log in to reply

chibimon

chibimon

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I'm very new with computer and needed some help, I know this may sound childish to some of you but it is not to me (don't expected me to know this at my age, ^___^). I have a computer with a multiple account on it, each for one member of my family, and now I needed to access to the "Computer Administrator", how can I do that. And what's the "Computer Administrator" anyway, what does it do. Thank you for helping.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
THE computer administrator account is a main account in Windows XP. However, users can have administrator status.

You didn't explain what you were doing so, simply, log out until you are looking at the user account icons, then press control-alt-del twice and you will get a log in box....type in Administrator in the user box and the password in the password box.

In Windows XP home, the password is typically blank unless you or the person who set the PC up created a password

In XP Pro, a password must be created at set up--I can't tell you what it might be

chibimon

chibimon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you for helping me, I'll try that. I'm simply want to change the setting of my firewall so I can portfowarding and no one in my family knows much about computer. Thanks again!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
port forwarding is done at the router, not the computer.

debmorrissey

debmorrissey

• Pip
  • 3 posts
If we don't have the administrator password, how do we get by that to be able to make a new one and change system setups and be able to download from sites.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
please start your own thread, Debbie

As it is, I do not understand the question...

which administrator password? Windows? (what OS), or the router?

chibimon

chibimon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, sorry for the other thread, I didn't really know and you were telling Debbie to start her own thread. Ok, I'm repeating the same question, how do I portforward, I'm using Microsoft Firewall. And what's a router, thank you.