Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Seeking advice for a new PC

• Please log in to reply

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
fair enough, but you do remember what happened to the rats right?

hehe, fair play, i just like being manual.

Advertisements

Boyo

Boyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Believe me, I wish I was manual. In getting this new PC, I am going to completely familiarize myself with each and every part. Since this will be a PC that I will be keeping for quite some time, when there are parts that could use an upgrade, I plan on doing all of that on my own. I'm just not ready to jump into the deep end of the pool yet. I will keep lurking on the baord, soaking up as much as I can....Believe me, I am not at all offended that just about every single on this baord has the capability to build their own pc, and probably think I am crazy. I just know my limits...I also know that jrm20 is a virtual wealth of knowlege, and that he can help me in my search for a new PC......

Boyo

Boyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
jrm20. I went over to Monarch. I am way out of my league in trying to customize a PC there. Cyber Power makes it a lot easier. With Monarch, I would have to have you pick it all out, while Cyber Power's choices are easier to place together.....Monarch left my head spinning. I think I will stick with Cyber Power.....

Boyo

Boyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I just have one question for anyone out there that would like to provide me their opinion. Should I wait to get a new PC, closer to the launch of Windows Vista? Or do you think getting the PC today should last me for some time?

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

I just have one question for anyone out there that would like to provide me their opinion. Should I wait to get a new PC, closer to the launch of Windows Vista? Or do you think getting the PC today should last me for some time?

I would go ahead and buy one now if you have the funds and you really feel like you need a new fast pc.

Why would you not buy it now? You realize that you cannot ever stay up to date with technology that is just the way it is.. You can always get vista when it has been officially released. Not the beta..

If you think your current pc can hold you until vista comes out then wait. That is all I can tell you as getting the pc now or later is totally up to you and noone else.