Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hijack installing Office 2000 Premium

• Please log in to reply

britgirl500

britgirl500

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Please help me !!

Following a reboot of my PC, things started to go wrong. I have run numerous spyware and adware which has solved a number of issues. However, I am left with one recurring problem.

When I access 'Search for Files' it starts installing microsoft office premium 2000 and in the middle of installation it searches for cd or floppy or some external device.

Can anyone help me please?

Advertisements

alfienoakes

alfienoakes

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hi there..
i know it's not much help but i get the same thing, i thought i was the only one! the only thing that ican suggest till someone more knowledgeable can help us both ;o) is just to keep clicking cancel on the installer. i have to do it 4 times and it's annoying but better than going through the installation.
sorry i couldn't be more help but the day is young :tazz:
alfie

mike81423

mike81423

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The same problem with Office 2000 premium started last weekend 27th Feb. I had a problem with Excel and a pop up said that the original disc needed to be installed and this fixed the immediate problem but now each time I boot up I am asked to install the O 2000 disc but a fatal error occurs half way through and now I cannot open up Word yet I can open up Excel. I have PC tools Sp :tazz: ydoc, Zone Alarm, Anti.virus. Anyone know what is going on??