Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer freezes

• Please log in to reply

richta21

richta21

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I was hoping that someone can help me. My computer freezes for 20 to 70 seconds every few minutes or so. It happens whether I am online or viewing a speadsheet. No message boxes come up. Everything looks the same, I just can't move and any animation on a web pages stops. I have ran Norton systemworks to search for any viruses and I currently have Zone Alarm installed and have tried to minimize the start up programs. Not really a computer wiz, so I'm stuck on where to go from here. Please Help! :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools, system information, tools then run system file checker and replace any files it asks for from the 98 CD then reboot.

When it has loaded to the desktop, click start, programmes accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then run disc defragmenter from system tools