Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

browsers lock up when visiting specific sites

• Please log in to reply

ill faded

ill faded

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay I'm new at this...ive never really had to go to a forum for help regarding computers. Though this time i was stumped in figuring out the problem.

First thing's first. When I visit a page with certain types of flash media. My browser will act up. I normally use mozilla firefox 1.5 and when it acts up, i refer to IE. Niether browsers work when visiting the specific pages. First sign of a problem is when my navigation buttons become disabled and the address bar is always blank, even when i reopen the browser. It still works but when i visit a page like a page that includes flash games...it will work fine for a couple seconds. but soon after the browser completely locks up. I'm able to close it but when i try to reopen it...the "hour glass" icon appears for my mouse as if its loading...but soon the icon dissappears. No browser opens up. I found out that when i go to the task manager... one of the processes is the browser that's currently disabled. it shows a high "cpu time" so i end the process...wallah it works. but soon into browsing the internet it locks up again.

Anyone got any suggestions?
Unfortunately im stumped for once. hopefully none of yall are.
Thanks for readin that long topic. Hopefully one of you can help :tazz:

Thanks again,
Steven

ps. also suddenly I'm getting a message sayin that shockwave is either installed incorrectly...or ive run out of disk space. I tried uninstalling all of shockwave and reinstalling it. problem still occurs. also i have plenty of "disk space" left on each hardrive.

Edited by ill faded, 02 February 2006 - 05:12 PM.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hhhhmmmmm, have you made sure that everything thing is up to date. A new version of firefox came out two days ago. However since its sounding like alot of changes are being made i would suggest that you please report this to the malware forum and they'll check ya up. Before doing so please go to the following think to find out and learn how to do the post correctly and therfor get a quicker responce.
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html
thanx
James

Edited by james_8970, 02 February 2006 - 09:27 PM.