Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Magazine opinions requested

• Please log in to reply

Boyo

Boyo

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I really just starting learning more and more about PC's, and I rely on GTG quite a bit. I would like to subscribe to a computer magazine which can help me further in my learning. Which magazine do you (anyone) recommend? PC Magazine or PC World???

Feel free to let any opinions fly.....

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
i presonnaly like maximum pc. There is a few things in there that are hard to understand at times but then you just get the internet out and begin learning, thats how i'm doing it. go to www.maximumpc.com to get a preview (show a little of every months magazine).
James

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Custom pc, and pc format are the ones i like best.

Suzilyn

Suzilyn

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I like Smart Computing, from Sandhill publishing. I subscribe to Smart Computing, and I have total access to Computer Power User, First Glimpse, PC Today, and The Reference Series. Also all the Magazines are online in PDF form from June 2004

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I've had subscriptions to MaximumPC, CPU, Smart computing, The UK linuxUser mag, Computer Shopper( boy have they changed over the years)and a lot of others at various times. I like them all as each provides me with information i want. It really depends on what your looking for, but anymore i look for basic information from the magazines. If you really want detailed information i find the internet a much better place to look for specific information. There is so much info out there that you could spend all your time just reading about it. That and the forums, and newsgroups can give your realtime knowledge from people much more experienced than you are. I've been doing this for 10 years and still find people that know more about what i'm looking for than i can even think of. I love it when they get way over my head even tho i may not understand them.

SRX660